What are Core Isolators?
A device used to improve balance. Developed by track and field coach Mepi Faoagali to help his sprint athletes maintain a stable body position while in “power mode” – pelvis anterior rotation and weight balanced on the balls of feet – Core Isolators are the perfect device for improving balance and core strength.
By isolating the contact point through the balls of the feet a peculiar network of body muscles, used to maintain stature, is forced to engage. By holding the body in this position for periods of time and with progressive overload overall balance improves.
2 x Core Isolators
1 x carry bag
A3 Exercise Poster
Core Isolators 1 Minute a Day 7 Stage Exercise Program
Membership Online Education Portal – Uni.Pelleres. Exercises, training programs, tips, advice, specials, discounts.
1 Minute a day Guarantee
- We guarantee that if you follow our Core Isolators 1 Minute a Day 7 Stage Exercise Program you will have improved your balance.
- Total exercise time per day is no less than 1 minute per day guaranteed.
- We measure your balance prior to starting the program and repeat at the completion.
- If there is no improvement we will gladly refund your purchase.
The Problem With Balance
As our growing aging population reaches their retirement and twilight years it’s becoming a significant problem. Hip fractures are the most frequent type of fall-related injuries.
70% were women and more than 40% were 85 years and over.
70% of elderly people who have had a fracture after a fall have not completely recovered within a year.
Unintentional falls among 65 and older are responsible for more than 18,000 deaths and nearly 450,000 hospitalizations annually in the United States according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In 2010 the Agency for Clinical Innovation reports that fractures from falls are a large and increasing problem. About one-third of people over 65 are at high risk. No other single cause of injury, including road trauma, costs the health system more.
Senior staff geriatrician at Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Dr. Laura Ahmed, said fracture patients had a 30 per cent increased risk of dying in the year after a hip fracture. “Falls cause a lot of injuries and fractures and loss of quality of life. “ Dr. Ahmed said.
Trip and fall injuries don’t just affect the physical condition but the subsequent loss of independence and having to rely on others to function. This reliance is a consequence most victims fear.
The one common factor that increases the risk of trip and fall injuries is the decline of core strength and that complex multidimensional human skill known as balance. There is growing scientific evidence that demonstrates that improving balance reduces this of trip and fall injuries.
Top 3 Core Training Tips
Dr. Tim Henwood, Exercise Gerontologist, UQ and Blue Care strongly supports core strength training to reduce the risk of trip and fall incidents. Progressive overload is very important particularly for the elderly. There are simple steps and exercises you can include in your daily routine which over time will improve balance and core strength.
1. Progressive overload. Start light and build in small increments. Less than 1kgs is ideal for targeting core muscles. Core training involves consciously activating muscle groups during exercise.
2. Little bit often. A core strength routine can go for as little as 3 to 4 minutes. Repeating a core strength workout twice or three times a day is much better than a 30 minute routine once a week.
3. Train smarter. More and more devices and systems are being made available specifically for core strength and conditioning.
a. Instability platforms such as swiss balls, wobble boards, Bosu balls, Core Isolators.
b. Suspension technology such as Crankit straps, TRX
c. Functional training with Yoga, Pilates, and Pelleres Base Training and devices such as hand weights, Pelleres, medicine balls, and therabands are all innovative core training tools. Make sure you find a recognized and accredited trainer to get you on the road to improvement.
Q. Where can I buy Core Isolators?
A. Check out our online directory to a reseller near you.
Q. Can you send me a copy of the exercise program?
A. Yes, when you place your order simply select that option.